Hills Basketball is excited to announce our Return to Bernie Mullane Sports Complex Plan and we can’t wait to see you all back in the indoor stadium! The NSW Government directed all sporting venues, including those controlled by Hills Basketball, to close on 26 June and we are now at a point where we are permitted to reopen under a number of conditions set by the Government. These conditions include the requirement for patrons 16 and over to be double vaccinated, or medically exempt, to enter our premises. The current NSW Government Roadmap for easing COVID-19 restrictions indicates unvaccinated patrons will be permitted to enter Hills Basketball venues from Wednesday, 1 December.
While our plans are subject to change pending NSW Government direction, the following schedule has been put in place to provide a three step return to all activities.
- Monday, 11 October – Hills Basketball Stadium & Bernie Mullane Sports Complex reopen to casual court hire. Bookings online from 12n Wed 6 Oct.
- Tuesday, 26 October – Hornets Academy program recommences at all HBA venues. Bookings online from 12n Tue 12 Oct.
- Monday, 1 November – Summer 21/22 season commences. Entries online from 12n Mon 11 Oct.
Please note the COVID Safe Procedures for Bernie Mullane Sports Complex activities below. These are subject to amendment following any update from the NSW Government.
COVID SAFE PROCEDURES
Upon reopening, all visitors aged 16 years and above will only be permitted to access Hills Basketball venues if they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or medically exempt from this requirement. Masks are compulsory for 12 years and above while not participating in an on-court activity. QR code check-in required with manual option available for those without a smart phone.
What to expect when you arrive:
It’s going to take time to get everyone checked in, so please ensure you allow extra time to park and organise your three access requirements:
- Phone for QR check-in. Ask staff re. manual check-in process if you do not have a smart phone.
- Proof of double vaccination from everyone aged 16yrs and above. Further details below.
- Put on your mask if you are 12 years and above to enter the venue. Participants can remove the mask while engaged in on-court activity. Masks to be worn once on-court activity is complete.
- Please sanitise on arrival and exit from venue.
- All patrons are encouraged to arrive as late as possible and leave promptly after their activity.
- Please follow signage for exit points.
- Maintain social distance of 1.5m whilst not engaged in on-court activity.
- Please pay all fees, including court hire, registrations and game fees online. Click here to learn more about our online payment system.
- If you are unwell you MUST stay at home.
- Even if the new rules permit attendance (see specific rules below), only come to the stadium if you absolutely must.
- Patrons are requested not to sing, cheer or chant.
How to show you’re vaccinated
HBA is required to verify the vaccination status of anyone 16 years and over when entering our venues. There are several ways to show proof of vaccination:
If you are unable to be vaccinated because of a medical contraindication you will need to get a medical exemption form signed by your doctor and carry it with you.
Further enquiries please contact the complex on 02 8824 3522 or email email@example.com.
Please note specific procedures for different activities are listed in the sections below.